The Pentek DBC-10EX2 is a 10″ combination KDF and GAC Big Blue filter replacement for use in many water filter systems, especially whole house filter systems. The Pentek DBC10EX2 is a large diameter filter (4 1/2″ diameter) that maintains a relatively high flow rate despite its low micron rating when compared to many other Big Blue/Full Flow water filters.
This advanced Pentek water filter replacement cartridge primarily reduces the bad taste/odor of chlorine and other chemicals (pesticides, insecticides, etc) in water. It is a multi-purpose water filter cartridge that uses a combination of KDF plus granular activated carbon (GAC) filter media to reduce heavy metals such as aluminum, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, copper, iron, lead, and other water soluble heavy metals as well as particulates like sediment, dirt, rust, sand, silt, limescale, bacteria, algae, and more. The versatility and effectiveness of the Pentek DBC10EX2 makes it a popular whole house filter.
Pentek DBC-10EX2 KDF Filter Replacement Specifications:
- Connection: Drop in
- Max. Pressure: 125 PSI
- Temp. Range: 40 – 100 F
- Micron Rating: 5 micron nominal
- Dimensions: 9.75″L x 4.5″D (Big Blue/Full Flow)
- Filter Life: Approximately 6 months depending on usage and local water quality
- Flow Rate: About 7 gallons per minute (7 GPM) depending on specific filter system
- Filter Media: KDF-55 (2 pounds) and granular activated carbon (GAC) – KDF media consists of copper-zinc granules for bacteriostatic filter action
This Pentek KDF 10″ Big Blue water filter is also known by Pentek part number 255748-43 / 25574843 as well as 255748, KDC55-03-10BB, AF-10-2013-BB, and FC25574843. It can be used in all 10″ x 4.5″ Big Blue water filter